Monday, January 2, 2012

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer (Nightshade Series)

Before I get into the juiciness of Andrea Cremer's series finale, "Bloodrose", first let me say - HAPPY NEW YEAR, folks. I think it's going to be a fantastic year. We have so many awesome interviews lined up for Authors are ROCKSTARS!, including one with Ms. Cremer. I'll also be participating in the Debut Author Challenge from The Story Siren and I set my Goodreads.com Reading Challenge goal to 100 books. I am determined to make this an awesome year for YA in my life. How about you? Anything exciting planned book wise?

Well I know that Dana B. and Angela who won my epic blogiversary giveaway are going to have an awesome start to the new year. Thank you so much to all that entered. Over 280 tickets involved! You guys ROCK. I'll get back to my monthly giveaways in February, so stay subscribed. I love giving away signed books. Also, be sure to head on over to the podcast. We do signed book and swag giveaways over there as well. :)

Now without further ado... my "Bloodrose" review!


Wow. I finished this book breathing a little heavy with tears in my eyes. After those evil cliffhangers in "Nightshade" and "Wolfsbane", you knew that Ms. Cremer was going to pack a punch with "Bloodrose". What a punch it was too! Seriously. My face still hurts. ;)

Without getting too spoilery, this book will make you so proud of Calla. She comes into her own as alpha and learns how to truly follow her heart. She finds her freedom as a wolf, as a person and as a woman in love. Have tissues ready, folks. The road isn't easy and is full of heart break and angst. I mean come on, that's essential to the recipe of a top notch action packed paranormal YA book, right? It'd be like making chicken noodle soup without the chicken.

Anyways, I personally loved the ending of this series and am excited to see what delicious works of art Ms. Cremer cooks up for us next.

If you have questions for Ms. Cremer, please leave a comment here and I'll include them in our list for her podcast interview on January 11th.

I was provided with an ARC of "Bloodrose" from the publisher, Philomel (Penguin). It is scheduled to be released tomorrow, January 3rd. Set your alarms so you can be at the bookstore at open to get this fabulous series finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...