Sunday, January 15, 2012

In My Mailbox - January 15th, 2012

Photo Courtesy of UglyMailbox.com

Oo! This week was a fun one. Finally, my mail box was hoppin' with books. The holidays were so quiet that going to the mail box was a bit of a bummer. Glad to be back on track!

ARCs or finished copies from the publisher:
- "Girl Meets Boy" anthology
- "Unraveling" by Elizabeth Norris (a debut author who will be on the Authors are ROCKSTARS!)
- "A Million Suns" by Beth Revis (who will be on the podcast next month!)

Netgalley:
- "Goddess Interrupted" by Aimee Carter (see my review of "The Goddess Test")
- "Scarlet" by A.C. Gaughen (okay this came in last week, but I didn't do an IMM.)

I also purchased the following books as gifts, because I'm an awesome sister:
- "Unearthly" by Cynthia Hand (see my review)
- "Entwined" by Heather Dixon (see my review)

It's been a busy week. Books and voice over jobs rolling in. Oh! Interviewing Andrea Cremer. How could I forget that? Whoo! In case you're not a follower of the Authors are ROCKSTARS! podcast, I recommend you head over there right now. This year is going to be amazing. So far, we have already interview Tahereh Mafi and Andrea Cremer (will be up this week). We also already have a bunch of amazing debut authors that will be coming on the program, plus Beth Revis, Lauren McLaughlin, Gene Yang, Anna Carey, Josephine Angelini, Maureen Johnson, Gretchen McNeil, and moooooore. Amazing line up, right? I told you so! Go follow us over on our blog page or subscribe on iTunes.

Anyways, that's enough blabbering from me. I'll be back tomorrow with the usual...another goofy review. ;o)

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren. Thanks Kristi!

23 comments:

  1. Great haul! Scarlet, a Million Suns and Unraveling sound super amazing. I hope you'll enjoy them!

    Happy Reading,

    My IMM

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Entwined is a lovely book! I don't find enough people who've read it, so seeing it mentioned is always great. I hope you and your sister enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to reading Scarlet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHHHHHH Unraveling is totally on my tbr list!!!! Unearthly is a great read too...hope you love it! Great haul! Enjoy :)

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    Tempest and The Eternal One's Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle, everyone seems to be raving about A Million Suns, so I'm sure you'd enjoy that one. I've put a halt to my NetGalley downloads for the meanwhile, I discovered that I still prefer actual physical books in my hands (must be because of my problems as well with e-readers). At any rate, do enjoy your great finds for the week.

    Here's our IMM over at GatheringBooks:
    http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2012/01/15/imm-30-circus-carnivale-paranormal/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got A Million Suns too!! I hope you enjoy all of your new goodies!

    Here is my IMM: http://www.hippiesbeautyandbooksohmy.com/2012/01/peek-in-my-mailbox-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Mailbox! Unearthly was amazing! Hope you'll enjoy it!
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, gotta love that mailbox! It's not actually yours, or is it?

    Anyhow, I'm looking forward to 'Scarlet' very much myself!
    And lovely you bought some pressies, especially 'Hallowed'. It's next on my TBR list, I really liked 'Unearthly' as well! (Not a solid 5 stars, but likable enough to continue reading the series!)

    I got 3 books this week, check them out if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set. I really need to get Entwined while it's so cheap. I've heard it's great.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scarlet sounds amazing, I can't wait for that and A Million Suns is awesome! I'm still waiting for my own copy of that one.
    Happy reading!
    Check out my IMM at
    www.underthebookrainbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh that's a lot of lovely books! A Million Suns is in my haul as well. I'm going to have to check out NetGalley because you have some awesome ebooks there :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some great books this week! Enjoy :)

    My Mailbox
    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul this week, I can't wait to read AMS :) Enjoy!

    Shorskie's IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome haul! I really want to read SCARLET :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to get A million Suns in my mailbox asap too :D

    new follower!
    Lisa O. @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul of books! I died when I got Goddess Interrupted. I also can't wait to read A Million Suns. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on all of these books.

    Happy reading!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha love the little cartoon in your blog header :)

    I got A Million Suns a while back but need to read Across the Universe first! Here they're both great tho!

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow so many great reads to pick from. i really need to read A Million Suns .. well I'm a new follower. looking forward to following you . here is my IMM http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox.html hope you will follow us back :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great sister! Entwined was an awesome book! New follower here! Here is my IMM: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to read Unraveling it sounds like a really awesome book! Come check out my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you everyone!! :) You guys are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...