Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins


LOVE.

Okay. That’s an understatement. Let me start again. I literally hugged this ARC with tears in my eyes when I finished.

LOVE
LOVELOVE
LOVELOVELOVE
LOVELOVELOVELOVE
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE

What? You want more info than that? Okay, fine. Lola is a crazy awesome teenage girl who is a budding fashion designer. Her life is pretty great. She lives in a nice neighborhood in San Francisco with two loving fathers (even if they are really strict) and has a rockin’ hottie for a boyfriend. Everything is going pretty great until figure skating star Calliope Bell and her twin brother Cricket move back in to the house next door. Cricket crushed Lola’s heart two years ago. She thought she had gotten over it, but all those feelings come rushing back, along with Cricket’s tender smiles and warm heart as they get reacquainted. Can they simply be just friends or were they destined for something more?

If you are unfamiliar with Stephanie Perkins, then shame on you. Do yourself a favor and go get her book Anna and the French Kiss right now (my review, podcast interview). I seriously cannot rave enough about her writing. It’s charming, intelligent, and oh so romantic. I don’t usually like contemporary fiction, but I adore her writing. You really connect with the characters and fall in love with the cute boys they love. It just can’t be helped! Ms. Perkins is the master of writing about cute boys. Cricket is my favorite one so far. (Sorry Etienne fans, but I love Cricket’s sweet and slightly nerdy personality!)

If you’re looking for a witty, well written romance, then this one should definitely be on your “must read” list. Warning: Your heart may turn into a puddle of warm goo and you may find you want to re-read this book over and over again. In fact, you might just want to save yourself some trouble and pre-order 2 or 3 copies right away. :D

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins is published by Dutton (Penguin). I received an ARC from the publisher for review. It is scheduled to be released on September 29th of this year.

1 comment:

  1. Heeeee. I'm going to start reading this today. So excited!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...