Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney, Illustrated by Anita Jeram


E's Pick of this Week was a tough one. He is obsessed with three books at the moment, all revolving around bunnies. The kid is rabbit crazy. It makes me so happy to see him love rabbits. I grew up on a rabbit farm in Wisconsin. When we go for walks, he is constantly on the hunt for bunnies and squeals out "HOP HOP" or "BUNNY!" with delight whenever we see one. So, it was only to be expected that when I picked up "Guess How Much I Love You" at Vroman's Bookstore that he'd love it. Since this book is about a daddy and a little boy bunny, E's Dad is the one to usual read it. He just loves it. The whole story is a dad and his son going back and forth one upping each other with how much they love the other. It's adorable, sweet, and so fun. E loves to start doing his own "I love you THIS much" along with the book. It also is nice and repetitive, making it a great book for a night time routine (which is when we do a lot of our reading).

"Guess How Much I Love You" is available in board book, hardcover, and paperback. We own the board book! It is published by Candlewick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...