Monday, August 15, 2011

Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma


This is going to be the shortest review I have ever written. Why? Well, because this book is indescribably beautiful, haunting and surreal. I don’t want to have my weak words cloud your judgement. This is not a book I’d usually read, but the cover was so beautiful and my sisters are two of the most important people in the world to me... so I decided to give it a read. I’m glad I did. I will be honest with you. It was tough for me to read at times. You won’t burn through this in one sitting like the cotton candy or addictive style YA reads. The prose is absolutely gorgeous and the plot.. well it’s a bit of a mindf@*%. Honestly still trying to wrap my head around what was reality, what was in Chloe’s imagination, etc. I seriously cannot describe it. It’s magical, mysterious, frightening, and ethereal. That’s all I can really say. If you like books that make you question what is real and what isn’t or if you have a sister that you love more than anything, this book is a must read.

Imaginary Girls is published by Dutton (Penguin). It came out in June of this year. I bought my own copy because I wanted to get the talented author to autograph it during our August special edition interview of Authors are ROCKSTARS! Go get your own copy and listen to the interview. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...