Monday, August 22, 2011

Fury by Elizabeth Miles


I’m going to keep this review rather short. I really could not get into this book. It’s a story of characters doing bad things with three beautiful furies dishing out severe consequences. I didn’t like any of the characters and actually felt more attached to the furies who were punishing these kids. The leads are the people in high school who do whatever they want to do and do not worry about the consequences. Some of the missteps are kissing her best friend’s boyfriend and abandoning a friend because you became popular and she became a dork (who then commits suicide). I’m supposed to feel sorry for these people and care that they’re being tortured? I don’t think so.

Plus I just had issues with the furies CARING about these sorts of trivial problems when there are so many other terrible things happening in the world. I know I know. It’s a book. I’m supposed to let go and just embrace the story for what it is, but I couldn’t. Elizabeth Miles is a good writer, but the plot - so not for me. Sorry folks. If you can let your guard down though and dive into it, you may find a really unique story here waiting for you. I could definitely see this appealing to teen readers who feel these problems ARE major, but as an adult who reads YA, I just couldn’t relate.

Fury is scheduled to be released on August 30th by Simon Pulse. I was provided with an ARC by the publisher for review.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...