Friday, March 2, 2012

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter


I enjoyed the first installment in this series, "The Goddess Test", so it isn’t a surprise that I liked this book. As I said in my review of the first novel, it’s a “cotton candy” series. You’ll devour it - it’s sweet and fun, but not incredibly filling. I’d say book two, "Goddess Interrupted", upgraded from cotton candy to my favorite sweet - dark chocolate truffles. It still is a bit fluffy, but much more complex in flavor. Oh goodness. Just typing this is making me hungry!

We pick up just as Kate’s six month vacation with her friend and admirer James has ended. She’s returning to the underworld to finally be crowned queen and see the man she loves, Henry (the God previous known as Hades, hehe). All hell breaks loose though and we’re taken on adventure where Kate has to confront emotional challenges of epic proportions (like meeting the sister she never knew excited who happens to be the woman stole & crushed Henry’s heart thousands of years ago? Yeeeeah, pretty big deal!). I won’t say anymore because I don’t want to spoil it for you, but the stakes are high and in the midst of it all, Kate has to grow up incredibly fast and learn how to prioritize what’s truly important to her.

It seems that this book is getting really mixed reactions from Ms. Carter’s fans. If you adored the first book, this one may not be your cup of tea. It’s not as fluffy and there is a lot of angst. A *lot*... to the point where you really want to slap Kate up side the head. However, it’s still a fun ride, full of adventure and world saving escapades. The relationship between Kate & Henry really develops towards the end of the novel. Be patient and wait for it. It’s worth it. I think Ms. Carter has written a fine second installment and I personally am dying to read what happens next after the KILLER (OMG OMG OMG!) cliffhanger that she left us with at the end.

“Goddess Interrupted” is published by HarlequinTeen and will be released on March 27th. I received an e-galley via Netgalley.com for review.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the candy analogy, I think that really fits with this book! I wasn't a total fan of the first book, but I'm still planning on reading this book, just to see what happens. Hopefully, I enjoy it! Thank you for such a great review. =)

    -Aneeqah @ The Brain Lair

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...