So today for Armchair BEA, we're supposed to write about our favorite books that we've read so far in 2011. THIS IS SO HARD. OH MY GOODNESS. I have read so many good books this year! I've cut down the list to just my top 5, in no particular order.
1. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini - my review - I cannot wait for "Starcrossed" to come out next week so I can read it again. I've already purchased a handful of copies for my friends and family. We're also giving away an autographed copy over at AuthorsareROCKSTARS.com. I just love it so much! It's such a fun, cinematic read. I'm an action junkie and Ms. Angelini writes some AH-MAZING action scenes. Plus the romance.. ahh.. so angsty and delicious.
2. The Curse Workers series by Holly Black - my review - Okay. This is technically two books, but I had to include them both. This series is great! It is film noir meets magic. Plus it's YA told from a male character's POV. Love it.
3. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa - my review - What can I say? I love fairies, I love love triangles, and I love action. This series has it all. Everyone I know who has read it has loved it. If you haven't read it yet, go get a copy right now. The first book in the series is "The Iron King".
4. Across the Universe by Beth Revis - my review - I really enjoyed this book. Science fiction is another one of my favorite genres so "Across the Universe" was on my must read list for 2011. My husband even liked it and he's not a YA fan! It's just that good.
5. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray - my review - this is just so different from anything else I've read this year. It was a lot of fun and had me laughing out loud the entire time.
Gosh!! There are so many more I want to list, but I promised myself I'd limit it to five. So there you go. Let me know what you think about my choices. I'd love to hear from you!
Edit: Also FYI, no E's Pick of the Week this week due to Armchair BEA. :) It'll be back next week!