Tuesday, February 1, 2011

E’s Pick of the Week - “Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!” by Mo Willems



E’s Pick of the Week - “Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!” by Mo Willems

“Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!” by Mo Willems is my son E’s “Pick of the Week.” This book is going to be worn out before the week is over! He can’t just read it once. We have to at least read it 3 times. It’s the third time when the magic really happens. Haha! It’s a fun little book with adorable, simple illustrations. I wouldn’t recommend it to parents who don’t enjoy acting a little bit when they read. I think it requires some performing in order for kids (especially young ones) enjoy it. Being that my day job is as a voice actor, I .. have a tendency to go all out when reading to him which makes this book HIGHLY entertaining. If that isn’t for you though, I’d recommend waiting until your child is preschool age as there are some concepts that they may not understand and the illustrations are simple enough they may get bored. My 18 month old loves it, but mostly because his mom is insane... I mean, I’m silly. Yes. Silly. Not crazy. SILLY.

I really enjoy reading this book with my little guy and I know you will too. Be prepared to be a goof and I think you and your child will have a GREAT time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...